Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Breaking the Addiction to Diet Soda

I use to drink regular soda when I was younger and the idea of drinking diet soda then was really gross. When I got older and started to actually drink diet, I found it very hard to stop drinking it and I found that it was actually inhibiting my weight loss. Sure we all know that regular soda and diet are both not very good for us but sometimes it's just nice to have something other than water. Here is a tip that I found so that you can still enjoy the taste of soda while avoiding all of the chemicals in diet pop or all of the sugar in regular.

Homemade Lemon Lime Soda:
1. Use sparkling water or soda water.
2. Add a splash of lemon juice and lime juice
3. Add a few drops of liquid Stevia for a little sweetness.

There you have it. It's a very simple way to enjoy a soda without the bad stuff. You can even play around with this and add real fruit juices for flavor. You can get the liquid Stevia from any natural grocery store and they even sell it in different flavors. I have tried the lemon flavored Stevia and it is one of my favorites! I sometimes add it to iced tea or just plain ice water.

No comments:

Post a Comment